This is a new & exciting role within our business, you would be pivotal with the launch into market of new products. Entirely focusing on the development and introduction to our UK wide customer base of a new generation of winter maintenance products. Focusing initially on our fully electric vehicle solutions and latest generation ICE trucks and working closely with the Sales Team and Econ’s loyal customer base.
Having an established working background or knowledge in EV and good general knowledge of HGV safe operation is essential, ideally in a council/municipal environment, however this is not essential. You will have enthusiasm for the latest vehicle and in cab technology and yet be practical and have a base mechanical knowledge. This role requires strong organisational skills and attention to detail. Ensuring that all demonstration and training is timely, considered, insightful. Portraying the company in the best possible light. Travelling with the vehicle to customers’ premises or to the customer to demonstrate the latest in cab technology, you’ll manage the initial product introduction, in-service monitoring and completion of all vehicle demonstrations and trials. You must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills, be approachable, enthusiastic, and professional at all times. A proactive approach is a vital requirement for this role. The successful candidate will have a hands-on attitude and be comfortable working as part of a team but equally under their own initiative.
- Carry out demonstrator vehicle pre-delivery testing and evaluation in conjunction with engineers to insure a robust and reliable vehicle solution.
- Arrange and agree vehicle deliveries to customers nationally in advance of demonstration/product introductions.
- Prepare and provide full on-site demonstration/handover training. Confidently imparting key attributes of the subject vehicle and fitted equipment to members of staff at all levels.
- Maintain contact throughout trail periods. Ensuring the package is operated correctly and in-line with training provided.
- Constantly available to support in-service issues and provide a full swift resolution in conjunction with all departments and suppliers.
- Provide development feedback to in-house engineers to improve and refine products
- Fully understand customer health and safety requirements and wider industry factors specific to winter maintenance.
- Total awareness, looking to improve and keen to refine and improve our customer product offerings.
- Complete ownership of our demonstration and test vehicles. Ensuring they remain fully serviceable and always provide a positive advertisement for our business whilst in-service.
- Future projects include full understanding and training / demonstration of Econ’s E-Drive Navigation and Auto Salting solution to include working with our business partners to ensure close working alignment.
Excellent organisational skills
- Adaptable, self-starter – previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to learn quickly, specifically around new systems and processes
- Clear ability to communicate at all levels
- Hold a full UK driving license with minimum of C1 category including current CPC card and evidence of on-going training completed
- Proactive and self-motivated, able to work on own initiative as well as with our technical, production, service and sales team’s
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customers and colleagues alike.
- Excellent IT skills, with ability to generate reports and customer presentations independently
Opens in a new window
Opens an external site
Opens an external site in a new window